Our honey is produced locally by native Connecticut honey bees. It is unfiltered and non-pasteurized to preserve its natural enzymes. Dark honey is also high in anti oxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Our honey is 100 % pure and is never mixed with lower quality honey or corn syrup.
** Do not give honey to infants under the age of 1 because they do not have fully developed immune systems.
- Store it at room temperature. No need to refrigerate!
- Honey never spoils!! Bacterial growth is inhibited because of the low moisture level in honey. It only crystalizes over time or in colder temperatures and may be re-liquified as explained below.
- In colder climates, honey may crystalize in the winter months. If your honey has crystallized, place the container in a warm water bath to return it to the liquid form.**It is not recommended to microwave the honey because the intense heat kills natural enzymes and increases HMF levels.
Ways to enjoy your honey:
- As a substitute for sugar in cooking or baking:
- 1/2c honey = 1c sugar
- Decrease temp by 25 degrees for baked goods,
- Reduce the liquid in the recipe one-quarter cup and add one-half teaspoon baking soda
- In home-made facial masks and other natural beauty remedies
- As an inexpensive alternative for carbohydrate replacement during endurance exercise
- As a cure for children's coughs (works better than medicine!)
- As an excellent source of pollen for helping with your allergy relief
- On burns and wounds to promote healing and reduce scarring due to antibacterial, antifungal & antimicrobial properties
- Perfect for tea or on toast, or course!